Black and Decker tools have come a long way in the last 20 years or so, and are no longer regarded as strictly “homeowner only” tools but are instead finding themselves used more and more prominently in workshops and on job sites in the professional realm.
The Black & Decker BDCCS20B cordless circular saw is a prime example of a more professional version of the Black and Decker tool line up, the kind of tool that carpenters, woodworkers, and other experts can turn to in a pinch but certainly the kind of tool that DIYers, weekend warriors, and woodworking enthusiasts can rely on whenever they tackle a new project.
Certainly not the very best cordless circular saw available, but perhaps the very best cordless circular saw at this price point, the Black & Decker BDCCS20B is definitely well worth looking at least a little bit further into.
Check out this quick review for more inside information about this circular saw!
The first thing that you’ll notice about this Black and Decker tool is that it is a lot heavier and a lot more “premium” feeling the and most every other Black and Decker tool out there in the last 15 years or so.
That’s because the engineers at Black and Decker have definitely started to introduce better and better construction materials, smarter design, and more reliable components into their premium level tools, and the Black & Decker BDCCS20B circular saw is a perfect example of this new forward thinking approach.
Not the heaviest cordless circular saw out there by any stretch of the imagination, this unit is still pretty lightweight, still easy to control, and will not fatigued you quite as much as some of the other more hefty and premium options available on the market.
You shouldn’t have to worry about cruising right through most construction materials (though anything larger than a 2×6 might heat the unit up a little bit), but all in all this is a tremendously impressive unit that won’t let you down – as long as you respect and understand its shortcomings and don’t push the limits of this unit outside of its comfort zone.
The introduction of a 20 V lithium-ion power plant makes this Black and Decker cordless circular saw a bit of a heavy duty unit, though it still isn’t quite as powerful as corded options are (but what cordless tool ever is?).
The lithium-ion battery is going to recharge really, really quickly (we are talking about going from dead to a full charge in about two hours or so), though the you should only really be able to expect between four and five hours of consistent use out of a full battery.
This is quite a bit short of what the professional cordless circular saw options out there bring to the table (with most promising at least eight hours of run time on a single charge), but for hobbyists and enthusiasts this is plenty of juice to get most weekend projects done.
The included multipurpose circular saw blade that this unit comes with is plenty enough to choose through construction materials but also accurate and find enough to help you cut through finish materials, though it isn’t going to produce quite as clean or as consistent a cut as some of the higher quality (and admittedly more expensive) finish blade options out there.
This is a rip saw through and through, but there’s not any shame in that. If you need something that you can kind of beat without feeling bad about putting it through its paces, this is the cordless circular saw you’re going to want to reach for – especially at this price point!
- Tremendously lightweight, the Black & Decker BDCCS20B isn’t going to fatigued you very much when you are using it for extended amounts of time. The ergonomics with this circular saw are also pretty impressive, giving you complete control for precision cuts.
- You really cannot beat the price point of this particular cordless circular saw from Black and Decker. Comparable units are easily going to cost two, three, and even four times as much as this circular saw. It offers plenty of “bang for your buck”.
- The lithium-ion battery power plant system gives you extra juice for heavy duty cuts but also guarantees a relatively long run time between chargings. You’ll have to invest in a secondary battery for sure, but that’s a no-brainer with any cordless tool.
- At the end of the day, the Black & Decker BDCCS20B just isn’t going to be able to go toe to toe with some of the more powerful and higher-quality cordless circular saws from companies like DeWalt and Makita. It just doesn’t have that level of quality or those kind of precision components, but it also doesn’t have a considerably higher price tag to make those things possible.
- There is always a risk of this relatively lightweight cordless circular saw binding in the middle of heavier construction materials, so that’s something that you’re going to need to be aware of right off the bat. As mentioned above, definitely don’t try to push this circular saw out of its comfort zones. You’ll almost always regret it with a safety issue.
Who’s going to be able to get the most out of this tool?
Homeowners, weekend warriors, and DIY enthusiasts will be able to make the very most out of this budget focused cordless circular saw. Professionals will definitely want to spend a little bit more to get a higher-quality unit, but this circular saw can still be used for light work without having to blow up your budget.
Inexpensive, relatively compact, and plenty capable, there are a lot of things to really appreciate about the Black & Decker BDCCS20B cordless circular saw. You’ll want to purchase a second battery (at least one extra), the rapid charging module, and some higher-quality circular saw blades to get the most out of this unit, but it’s a pretty accomplished tool designed for homeowners and amateurs.